- Home >
- Company Profile (History)
First established in 1937, TOHO CHIKAKOKI CO.,LTD. was reorganized to its present corporate form in 1946. Since its foundation, the company has played a major role in Japan's civil engineering field as a manufacturer of drilling machines, microtunneling machines, grout pumps, mortar pumps and drilling equipment, and as a contractor for important drilling and grouting projects.
The machines introduced in this website were designed and developed using our vast experience in the Drilling Technology and Manufacturing fields, and are continuously improved thanks to the friendly and open opinions and suggestions of our discerning clients. We are confident that they offer unsurpassed excellence in terms of performance, safety and economy.
Our ultimate goal as a drilling machinery manufacturer is to develop machinery which satisfies every single need of our clients. To achieve this goal, we are determined to make whatever effort it takes -just as we have done for more than half a century.
lf you would like to obtain more detailed information on our individual products, please feel free to contact our Tokyo Branch Office, listed in the "Factory and sales offices" section of this website.
- Founded as YAMATO KOHSAKUSHO
- After World War II, the operation stopped in August of 1945. The west branch (located in Shimonoseki city) was reorganized and designated as the head office. The new organization started life as YAMATO KOHSAKUSHO CO.,LTD. under president, Kozaburo Okamoto.
- The company was renamed as TOHO CHIKAKOKI CO.,LTD., headquartered in Oaza Nishinabe-cho, Shimonoseki city.
- Completed was the drilling/grout engineering for Kamishiiba arch dam, which was the first large-scale construction in the boring industry after the war.
- As the first overseas mission after World Was II, our engineers were sent to Borneo for the coal seam research.
- Anti-disaster engineering was completed along the Hijikawa River in Shikoku, in which construction had been started in 1961 as the first, large-diameter landslide countermeasure in the boring industry.
- Microtunneling method with "Type-TH" horizontal drilling machines was collectively referred to as the OK Mole construction method.
We started selling the Type-TH as the base machine of microtunneling machine for sewer construction.
- Masayuki Johjima was appointed as the president.
- Yukinori Okamoto was appointed as the president.
- Fukuoka engineering department was certified to ISO9001.
- Designated investigation agency in accordance with Soil Contamination Countermeasures Law.
- Launched was a study group for lightweight drilling machines (West/East Japan branches).
- Development and validation of research equipment resistant to the extreme cold environment in Mongolia.
- Exhibitor in "8th BICES" in Beijing.
- Exhibitor in "BAUMA CHINA 2006" in Shanghai.
- Exhibitor in "CONSTECH 2007" in Bangkok.
- Exhibitor in "MINING INDONESIA 2011" in Jakarta.